Studying and Serving as OPM for Anaerobic Digestion Sites
In 2013, Tighe & Bond partnered with the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection and the Massachusetts Clean Energy Center, to conduct technical and economic feasibility studies for two potential anaerobic digestion project sites at Massachusetts Department of Corrections facilities. Following the conclusion of the study at MCI-Shirley, the Division of Capital Asset Management and Maintenance (DCAMM) elected to move the project forward to the procurement stage, and selected Tighe & Bond as their Owner’s Project Manager (OPM).
In order to provide potential bidders with the most accurate idea of project economics and characteristics, Tighe & Bond updated portions of the 2013 feasibility study related to feed stock availability, facility energy use, renewable energy incentives, and product markets and off-takers.
Tighe & Bond also provided procurement assistance services in support of the AD project. Services provided include:
- Development of RFP/RFQ
- Development of Power Purchase Agreement and Lease Agreement
- Assistance at pre-bid meeting and site visit with prospective bidders
- Responses to technical questions submitted by prospective bidders
- Creation of a response evaluation matrix to compare RFP/Q responses
- Review and recommendations for “study contract” submitted by the selected bidder
- Construction period oversight