Tighe & Bond is providing environmental permitting and Licensed Site Professional (LSP) services for a new 7.7-mile 115 kV underground electric transmission line between Eversource substations in Everett/Boston and Winchester/Woburn. The work is taking place primarily within existing roadways but includes three trenchless crossings beneath Sullivan Square, the Mystic River, and an active railroad line. The project also crosses the Department of Conservation and Recreation (DCR) parklands, facilities owned by the Massachusetts Water Resources Authority (MWRA), and three major water bodies.
Services being provided:
- Energy Facilities Siting Board (EFSB) and Department of Public Utilities (DPU) petition development and expert witness testimony
- Local, state, and federal environmental and construction access permitting
- Soil and groundwater pre-characterization
- Groundwater discharge permitting
- Traffic Management plan development
- Engineering design to support utility crossings
The project is currently under construction and Tighe & Bond is conducting routine environmental monitoring, soils management, groundwater discharge reporting, hazardous materials management, and LSP reporting.