Tighe & Bond was selected by Citizen’s Energy to design and permit a large-scale 1.8-megawatt solar energy system on a 10-acre site in Agawam, MA. The project’s 2 million kilowatt-hours of clean electricity is sold to an abutting industrial user, making their plant more competitive and providing new tax revenue to the town.
Local and state permitting services were provided by Tighe & Bond, including wetland delineation and preparation of:
- Major Post-Closure Use Permit from the Massachusetts Department of Environmental Protection
- Site Plan Approval from the Agawam Planning Board
- Notice of Intent from the Agawam Conservation Commission
- Request for Advisory Opinion under the Massachusetts Environmental Policy Act from the Massachusetts Executive Office of Energy and Environmental Affairs
- Interconnection application through Western Massachusetts Electric Company
Engineering services included: constructability evaluation, stormwater analysis, geotechnical engineering to evaluate the subgrade conditions for the installation of the ballasted system, and construction phase services to monitor system installation.