Massachusetts Aboveground Storage Tank Use Permit Renewal Forms Due In February
The Department of Fire Services (DFS) issues permits for the construction and use of Aboveground Storage Tanks in Massachusetts with greater than 10,000-gallon capacity storing any liquid other than water. DFS permits have a five (5) year term and must be formally inspected every five (5) years by a certified tank inspector. Tank inspectors must have one of the following certifications to perform these inspections:
- American Petroleum Institute (API) 653 Inspector
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers Pressure vessel Inspector
- Massachusetts Professional Engineer
- Steel Tank Institute SP001 AST Certified Tank Inspector
- Fiberglass Tank & Pipe Institute FTPI 2007-1 Inspector
Annual renewal notices have been emailed out for tanks with February renewal dates. We can help! Tighe & Bond has API certified, STI certified, and Professional Engineers who can perform these inspections.