Mapping Out the Needs of New England Communities
Tighe & Bond provides hosted GIS website services to many New England communities through Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted solutions. Our hosting infrastructure is housed through Amazon Cloud Web Services. We also provide private site deployments to organizations that can provide the computing infrastructure to support a hosted solution.
Trusted GIS Website Functionality
Our existing public facing, parcel focused GIS website contains all of the functional offerings expected by New England communities. This includes:
- Supported in every common computing environment, Apple iOS, Android, Windows and all major web browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari)
- Incorporating user-swappable “Assessor”, “Aerial”, and “Topographic” base maps, and the ability to turn operational layers on or off (e.g. School Districts, Voting Precincts, Zoning, Utilities, Environmental Constraints)
- Allowing users to search for properties by address, owner name, map-block-lot number, parcel ID, and select/unselect properties by clicking on the map
- Displaying any available attribute details for selected properties in tabular form
- Easy creation of property abutters lists by distance, lists downloaded as .csv, and standard Avery label formatted PDF.
- Linking directly to online Property Record Cards
- Producing a printable map layout that can easily be configured, and print/export the map to PDF format at user defined scale
- Providing an on-screen linear and areal measuring tool
- Linking to Bing Maps “Birds-Eye” imagery, and Google “Streetview” for the selected area of interest
- Incorporating design elements (colors, fonts, pictures, etc.) from the Town’s website
- Providing a configurable “splash” or “intro” page, a link to the Town’s GIS disclaimer, and a help system for end users
Our team provides well-developed GIS solutions to our clients with a full-time staff of GIS analysts, technicians, programmers, and information technology (IT) professionals.